· Children’s University aims to encourage children to access learning beyond the normal school day, and to be recognised for their commitment to enhancing their own learning.
Within the philosophy of Children’s University there are 3 under-pinning beliefs.
· Learning is a lifelong process
· All children want to learn
· All parents want their children to succeed
Children’s University Principles
· To facilitate learning beyond normal school hours
· To encourage young people to be confident, independent learners
· To allow young people to explore interests at their own pace
· To create an excitement about learning
· To promote a variety of learning styles
· To emphasise the value in young people’s interests
· To accredit young people’s learning, celebrate achievements and communicate success
There are two types of Learning Destinations that can potentially be ‘validated’ activities. The first are ‘restricted activities’ available for the school you attend and therefore not open to the general public.
The second are places and organisations to which children can ‘travel’ with their passport to learning, after school, on weekends and during school holidays.
For further information you can visit the Children’s University website:
We are very excited to be involved in such a fantastic learning opportunity for our students.